Posts Tagged as: ‘LOUNGING SPACE’


Visitors to the Lounging Space in Palacio Braankamp will find their favourite magazines available on sale at the A+A Livraria Bookstore. Oh -  the Editors will be there too - find them at the bar enjoying a drink on the terrace overlooking lovely Lisboa.










PASAJES diseño

d(x)i is for FREE

designboom publications - seoul design essence, crystal vision, premio vico magistretti, a door to paradise


View from Lounging Space Terrace

View from Lounging Space Terrace

The EXD team are hard at work preparing the Lounging Space - which will be accessible to all visitors for the duration of the biennale 9 September - 8 November.

This hotspot is located in the heart of the city and will feature an information desk, a bar, lounge area, sponsors’ hall and press centre.

It has its own calendar of events - here are some highlights -

10 Sept, 6 - 7pm - State of the Arts (debate on the Exhibition Lapse in Time)

13 Sept, 3 - 4pm - Luanda: Anatomy of Speed

13 Sept, 4 - 5pm - Luanda: Emergent Megalopolis

for details visit the EXD’09 website

The Lounging Space opens at 11pm on Wednesday, 9 Sept

Sun to Thu 11:00 – 00:00
Fri & Sat 11:00 – 02:00
Palácio Braancamp
Pátio do Tijolo, 25 1250 – 301 Lisboa
Metro Rato, Baixa-Chiado; Bus 758, 773

VENUE info:
Tucked away between Bairro Alto and Príncipe Real and hidden behind a flowery patio and a wrought iron gate, the Palácio Braamcamp can easily be overlooked. Built by the Braamcamp family, this example of the 1800’s residential architecture is an elegant and pleasant construction. The façade has a curved frontispiece and a terrace overlooking the Tagus River and the facing buildings. The classic exterior contrasts with the richness of the inside, which combines balection moulding, mural painting, imprinted glass and vitreous glass. The interior space is organised around the hall, topped by a skylight and a gallery. The Palace, once inhabited by Fontes Pereira de Melo, was bought in 1917 by the French government, where it installed the École Française de Lisbonne, and in 1945 by the Lisbon Municipality.